The Abbotsford Club, Melbourne
03 December 2018
The Abbotsford Club is our flagship coffee shop in Melbourne. Blending warehouse charm with Abbotsford industrial, The Abbotsford Club (or TAC) is the touchpoint for anyone making the trek to our Melbourne roastery.
We believe that hospitality and generosity form the backbone of any good coffee experience, and we're looking for an experienced and enthusiastic hospitality professional who shares this belief to join our team in an all rounder role.
We are looking for someone with a coffee focus and existing knowledge of specialty coffee. Ideally you will have the ability to prepare alternate brew methods; aeropress, chemex etc. We're a small team, so we all muck in to get the various jobs done - this role will also include some time on the espresso machine, food preparation and time on the floor hosting our customers and ensuring they have an excellent experience.
If you're keen to join a team that's striving for excellence and loves to look after people, and you tick all the boxes above, then we would love to hear from you!
We can offer 20-30 hours per week, and some weekend shifts will be required.
Some of the main duties are:
- Greeting and serving customers
- Taking orders and using the POS system
- Producing espresso and brewed coffee to the highest standards as per Supreme’s SOP’s
- Food preparation as per kitchen SOP’s
- Talking to customers about our coffee and helping them find the right coffee and equipment for home
- Delivering food and coffee in a professional manner
- Clearing tables and other standard cafe tasks
- Striving to do things better.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a fan of the Coffee Supreme brand and its core values.
- Be an experienced and confident coffee maker.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of specialty coffee, and be able to share this knowledge with others.
- Provide warm, engaging and generous customer service.
- Work well in a team and build a positive team culture.
- Be reliable and punctual.
- Present well at all times and represent the Coffee Supreme brand.
- Work hard, hustle, and have a lot of energy.
- Have a positive can-do attitude.
Please send us an email telling us why you'd be a great fit in our team, along with a current CV.